The Japan Society of Northern California (JSNC) and US – Japan Medtech Frontiers (USJMF) are delighted to announce that following two years of strategic collaboration, USJMF’s activities have been integrated into JSNC. These newly integrated forces will formally be named The U.S.– Japan Healthcare Connection.
Its mission is to provide unique insights into future opportunities and developments in Global Healthcare, with particular focus on collaboration between the U.S. and Japan. The U.S.- Japan Healthcare Connection will build on USJMF’s history of delivering medical device focused events and the annual MedTech Week in Japan to do events both in the U.S. and Japan. The events will cover a diverse range of healthcare topics including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotech, wellness, digital delivery of healthcare, and novel healthcare insurance models.
This integrated capability will enable USJMF’s leadership team to focus on curating unique programs that promote Healthcare and Medical Device innovation through broad U.S. – Japan collaboration, while leveraging JSNC’s organizational capabilities and global network. It further will strengthen JSNC’s strategic mission to connect Japan with the Silicon Valley ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship.
For 2022, The U.S.-Japan Healthcare Connection plans to hold the following two major programs: 1) a weeklong series of events in Japan in the fall featuring a major Healthcare Conference and a Healthcare Growth Companies Roadshow introducing 20 or more exciting US healthcare start-up companies and 2) a Reverse Pitch program in Silicon Valley in the Spring introducing Japanese healthcare companies to the U.S. (both subject to Pandemic related constraints). We also expect to deliver additional timely programs and networking opportunities throughout 2022.
This activity will be governed by The U.S. – Japan Healthcare Council. Members and their affiliations are set forth on the following page. For additional information contact Mr. Takahide Akiyama, President, JSNC (akiyama(at)usajapan.org) or Ms. Miho Greenberg, Chief Operating Officer, JSNC (miho(at)usajapan.org).
U.S. – Japan Healthcare Council Members
– Jack Moorman, Chair; Co-Founder and Chairman of USJMF, Chairman & Partner, Nichibei MedTech Advisors, LLC and Visiting Professor, Osaka
– Fumiaki Ikeno, Co-Chair; MD, Program Director (U.S.) Japan Biodesign, Stanford Biodesign, Stanford University
– Takahide Akiyama, Co-Chair; President, JSNC
– Steve Chelberg, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
– Toshio Fujimoto, MD, MBA, General Manager, Shonan Health Innovation Park
– Emiko Higashi, Founder + Managing Director, Tohmon Capital Partners and Board Member, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
– Mika Nishimura, Board of Directors, SI-BONE and MobileODT; Board Advisor, Tristel, plc
– Elton Satusky, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
– John R. Thomas, Vice Chair, Martingale Asset Management
– Miho Tsukamoto, Manager, Corporate Technology Sector, Nitto Denko Corporation
– Nancy Yamaguchi, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, LLP
– Kirk Zeller, DBA, Partner Nichibei MedTech Advisors, LLC; Founder, Silicon Prairie Center; Council Leader, US Japan Council.